If you’re trying to lose weight the one thing you DON”T want to do, contrary to what some may believe, is skip meals or eat less. The Key is to make better food choices and the rule of thumb is if you’re hungry EAT SOMETHING! You won’t lose weight depriving yourself or going hungry. All that will accomplish is you sending a signal to your brain that says “Hey, were starving, hold onto the fat we have in case we need it!”
The best way to lose weight is to eat 5 times per day. Three meals and two healthy snacks is what I believe to be best. This way you can eat every three hours and you won’t be going hungry, you’ll be giving your body the fuel it needs to be energized and burn calories!
Planning ahead is a MUST. Just as you plan your meals you must also plan your healthy snacks too. If you don’t you’ll end up eating whatever is currently in the cupboard or in the break room at work.
Here are couple ideas for Healthy Snacks to keep on hand:
1. Low fat Cottage Cheese and Fruit. I like pineapple and/or strawberries but you can use whatever kind of fruit you want.
2. Fruit and Veggie tray. If you just feel the need to snack and “crunch” on something veggies is the way to go! Add a little all natural peanut butter or hummus.
3. Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds. Don’t over do it, but these will satisfy your need for a snack and add some healthy fats into your daily meal plan.
4. Low Fat Greek Yogurt with Granola
5. Homemade Salsa Mix. You can do this so many ways! If you want something different then regular Guacamole try this: Cut up some Guacamole into chucks with Tomatoes, Black Beans, Corn, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt, Pepper and a little EVOO. Eat with some Corn Chips, but be sure to make the BEST selection.
Failing To Plan Is Planning To Fail! I forget who said this…but it’s still true!
BIO: Daveda Schmidlin is a happy wife, mother, and grandmother. She is a speaker, teacher, author and former pastor who is passionate about the Gospel of Grace. Her message is sincere, encouraging, simple and profound. Her words will set people free from condemnation and will help usher them into a deeper revelation and understanding of God’s great love.