The Armor of God is about us using the the offensive and defensive weapons that God has given us to maintain our position of victory in Christ when attacks come against us.
It’s about us knowing our position in Christ Jesus and standing firmly in that place, refusing to be moved.
There are five main defense strategies:
1. We must tighten the belt of truth ~ The truth is Jesus, the Word of God. We must refuse to accept any interpretation of God’s Word that does not reveal the freedom that Jesus came to give us.
2. We must wear the breastplate of righteousness ~ We must be fully aware of who we are in Christ Jesus. We must know that we are already righteous, we are not trying to become righteous.
3. We must place our feet in the shoes of peace ~ Jesus gave us His peace; we didn’t receive just a portion of His peace we receive all of His peace.
4. We must hold up our shield of faith ~ We have to have faith in Jesus, regardless of what we see feel or hear. We have to stay focused on the Lord and faith in His power, faith and abilty, not our own.
5. We need to wear the helmet of salvation ~ Salvation is mulitifaceted—it is not just going to heaven. Salvation consists of everything that we need to live a victorious life.
There is one main offensive startegy:
1. We pick up the sword of the Spirit (the Word of God, who is Jesus) and use it ~ We must come to know Jesus and His heart toward us; and we must stand in and speak forth that truth.
The work has already been done for us. God’s grace is fully operative in our lives. His power is alive and operative. We just need to know what He has done for us and how much He loves us.
In This episode of Grace Talk learn how you can put on the armor of God and live a victorious life in Jesus!
The Well ~ 12015 MILL STREET, HUNTLEY IL 60142
Servive is at 10:30 am Sunday mornings. Come as you are 😉
Being loved by Him, with you,
Keep it real,
BIO: Daveda Schmidlin is a happy wife, mother, and grandmother. She is a speaker, teacher, author and former pastor who is passionate about the Gospel of Grace. Her message is sincere, encouraging, simple and profound. Her words will set people free from condemnation and will help usher them into a deeper revelation and understanding of God’s great love.